OWASP is an important source of great information on the techniques attackers use when attacking websites. In this video, learn about OWASP and the OWASP Top 10 threats.
- [Instructor] We can create a lot … of different vulnerabilities when we build … an online work presence. … OWASP, the open web application security project … is a not-for-profit organization dedicated … to helping developers create more secure web applications. … The organization on its website at www.owasp.org … provides the definitive material on web security, … including a testing guide … and an application security verification standard. … Every year OWASP publishes its annual top 10 … most critical web security risks, … which over recent years have included SQL injection, … cross-site scripting, broken authentication, … end session management, security misconfiguration, … and cross-sites request forgery. … Mitigating these top 10 risks will be sufficient … to address most attacks, however, there are hundreds … of security issues which are described … in the OWASP documentation. … …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.