Recall the definition of cloud computing and describe eight important cloud transition drivers.
- [Instructor] Cloud computing is the use … of internet-based computing resources, … typically as a service to internal … or external customers, where scalable … and elastic IT-enabled capabilities are provided. … There are various definitions of what cloud computing means, … from NIST, Gartner and many of the leading standards bodies. … The NIST definition shown here is the most common … and is cited globally by professionals … and non-professionals alike, … to clarify what the term cloud means. … A key driver for cloud computing is the shift … from capital expenditure model, or CapEx, … where organizations had to invest large sums of money … to build and operate information technology infrastructures, … to an operational expenditure, or OpEx, model, … which enables companies to pay per use … and avail themselves of pricing structures … similar to monthly or quarterly leasing agreements. … Additional drivers include IT scalability … where users have access to a large number of resources …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.