Migrating to the cloud? Get a general overview of cloud computing, including cloud security, operations, and services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Office 365.
- [Dave] Hi, I'm Dave Linthicum. The goal of this course is to change the direction of your career. If you have been looking to move to cloud computing, this video will provide you with enough information to do so, not only understanding the basics, but how to make your first cloud computing project successful, as well as best practices in security and operations. We'll start with understanding the details of the types of clouds, including infrastructure as a service, software as a service, and platform as a service, as well as three major deployment models. This includes current players in the market and which brands you should keep an eye on. You'll understand the details of infrastructure as a service, such as AWS, Amazon Web Services, or Google compute engine. We'll be able to define software as a service, such as Salesforce.com or Microsoft Office 365. Finally, we'll show you what an infrastructure as a service cloud and a software as a service cloud looks like and how to leverage them today. Next, we'll look at how you can leverage cloud computing now, including evaluating applications and data that may be right for the cloud. We'll also look at how to create a business case for the cloud, do migration planning, as well as select the cloud provider. Security is an underlying focus of this course, and this section will focus on security planning for the cloud, defining security requirements, picking the right security technology for the cloud, and finally, how to move to security operations. In this last section, we'll look at best practices in technology associated with cloud operations or CloudOps. This means how to set up cloud operations, types of tools to leverage, and how to manage cloud with traditional systems. This video could change the course of your career. I've put together an information-rich course that'll lead you to understanding the basics of cloud computing. Let's get started.
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring