Organizations implement change control policies in an effort to minimize the impact on the production systems and applications due to change-related activity. In this video, learn the relationship between web application security testing and change control, as well as the steps you should take to ensure that you're adhering to this policy.
- [Instructor] Organizations implement … change control policies in an effort … to minimize the impact to the production systems … and applications due to change related activity. … If you need to fix any vulnerabilities … that you discover during your offline testing activities … it's going to help if you understand … the organization's change control policy. … As organizations mature they come to understand … that they will eventually need to make changes … to their systems and applications. … Without a change control process … the likelihood of those changes … resulting in some unforeseen impact goes through the roof. … By implementing a change control process … they're able to review and test those changes … before promoting them to production, … which increases the likelihood that the change … will have its intended effect without breaking anything. … As you can imagine any change in an application … comes with the risk that the change might break … the security of that application. …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.