The ITIL® course on this page is offered by Dion Training Solutions, LLC, an ATO of AXELOS Limited. ITIL, ITIL Foundation, and the Swirl logo are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- ITIL® and the fourth industrial revolution
- The four dimensions of service management
- The service value system
- ITIL® guiding principles
- Service value chain activities
- Continual improvement
- General management practices
- Service management practices
- Technical management practices
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to the complete course for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Exam. In this course, you're going to learn everything you need to know to take and pass the ITIL 4 Foundation exam on your first attempt. In addition to that, you're going to be exposed to the entire ITIL 4 framework, so you can learn how to best use it within your organization. So whether you're taking this course to learn about the ITIL 4 framework, or you're taking this course to prepare for the Certification Exam, so you can get a new job or advance in your current organization. This course has been designed specifically to teach you everything covered in the official ITIL Foundation textbook, and it's designed as a complete textbook replacement. Now before we dive into the course materials, let me provide you with a quick introduction to ITIL. If your boss enrolled you in this course, you may not even know what ITIL is all about. Or, what it's used for. Well, ITIL is a framework for service management. But I guess that begs the question, what exactly is service management? Well service management is a set of specialized organizational capabilities for enabling value to customers in the form of services. We're going to talk a lot about service management throughout this entire course. In fact, the entirety of section two is dedicated to the topic of service management. Now ITIL was designed to provide organizations with a comprehensive framework for IT Service Management. In fact, ITIL is the most popular and widely used Information Technology Service Management framework in the entire world. It's one of the reasons that ITIL Foundation has such a high demand. Because most large companies have built their IT management systems and processes around the idea and concept of the ITIL framework. Now I know I've gotten you excited about ITIL, hopefully, and I need to take just a small detour in the course to introduce myself and share with you four important tips to help you learn better during our time together. Now first, my name is Jason Dion, and I'm the lead instructor here at Dion Training Solutions. I've been working in the IT and Cyber Security field for over two decades, for organizations both large and small. In all of these organizations, though, there's been one common thread, and that's ITIL. Now when I'm talking about small organizations, I'm talking about companies with less than 20 people. Small companies like my own. When I talk about large organizations, I'm thinking about some of my previous positions. My last one in particular, I was with an organization that spanned six continents, dozens of countries, and millions of end users. And guess what? All of these organizations, they ran on ITIL. So I'm not just an instructor, I'm also a practitioner of ITIL. And I've been using it for decades. Now rest assured, you are in great hands with us. In fact, I'm an authorized instructor for ITIL, and my company is an accredited training organization for PeopleCert, on behalf of AXELOS, the creators of the ITIL Framework, and the certification exams. In fact, because we're an ATO, all of our courses are reviewed by AXELOS prior to us releasing them to you. And this ensures that you're getting the quality training required to pass the exam. And now for my four tips for success in this course. First, every video in this course has the ability for you to turn on closed captioning. Each video is captioned by a real, live human, and checked for accuracy. This allows you to read along with the course if you need to. Many of my students who speak English as their second language really love having those captions playing along with the videos, and this helps them aid in their learning and understanding. Now if you want to enable closed captions, simply click on the CC button in the bottom of the video player. My second tip is about playback speed. I've gotten some students who say I talk too fast. I have others who say I talk too slow. Either way, you get to control the speed of the instruction by clicking on the 1x button in the bottom of the video player. If you want me to teach faster, simply select 1.25x or 1.5x. If you want me to teach slower, simply click .75 or .5x. Either way, faster or slower, the choice is yours. The third and probably one of the most important tips, is about our student support group. We have a student support group with several thousand other students, who are learning ITIL, and other IT and project management certifications, through all of our courses. If you want to join the fun there, you can find us at Facebook.com/groups/diontraining, and you can request to join our private group. There is no extra cost to you by joining this group, and it's there to help you. In this group, we answer questions, put out additional free content, and help support each other through our IT careers. So if you want to ask a question there, all you have to do is post it, and you're likely to get an answer within just a few minutes because most of the time, there are thousands of other students, both past and present, who join the conversations there. So if you're on Facebook, I highly recommend joining the group today. Now if you aren't on Facebook, you can still ask your questions if you get stuck during this course. Simply click on the Q&A tab on your course landing page, and enter your question there. Either myself or one of my team members will answer your question there, within one to two days in most cases. Like I said, the Facebook group, you're going to get something answered much quicker, because we have thousands of people there to support you. If you do it here in the Q&A, you'll get an answer once we get back to work the next day, and we can help you out. Now the fourth and final tip is that this course comes with a downloadable study guide, as a complete resource for you. You can download this PDF, and it's attached to this lesson. To access it, simply download it from the resources in this lesson, and then you can print it out and refer to it during your offline studies, and as you go through the rest of this course.