Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video CVSS (Common Vulnerability Scoring System), part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Let's dig in … to the Common Vulnerability Scoring System, or CVSS, … because you'll see that used on scan reports. … CVSS assigns a score to each vulnerability … on a 10-point scale. … We can figure out a base CVSS score … by evaluating eight different metrics … and then combining the results. … The first metric is the Attack Vector metric. … This describes the type of access … that an attacker must have to exploit a vulnerability. … The value for this metric can be Physical, … meaning that the attacker must be able … to physically touch or manipulate the target system, … it can be Local, meaning that the attacker … must have physical or logical access … to the system's console, … or it can be Adjacent Network, … meaning that the attacker must have access … to the system's local network, … or it can just be Network, meaning that the vulnerability … is remotely exploitable. … The second metric is the Attack Complexity metric. … This metric measures how difficult it is …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.