Dashboards can be both a useful and powerful tool when the data, metrics, and visualizations are informative.
- [Instructor] COVID-19 dashboards have been a great way … to provide the public with information about the pandemic. … It's not only visually appealing, … but also interactive and provides … a lot of information in one view. … This is a great tool for being able to gain new insights, … as well as for the general public to understand … how the pandemic is progressing. … But of course the accuracy of the data … is the most important component, … and without clear information … about where the data is coming from, … the public is left with ambiguity … as to how much you can trust the information … that is being shown. … So when we look at a dashboard, … it matters not only that what we see … is visually appealing and that the data is represented, … we also need to know other information, … such as the calculations for any metrics … and the source of the data that's being displayed. … …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard