Throughout this course, learn about the threats that exist on the internet and within your own organizations and homes. Discover what a threat is; how a threat can affect a user, a company, and a government; and why a hacker would want to hack even a small home environment. Plus, learn that you must build a secure network barrier to defend against these threats.
- [Sean] Why do you need a firewall? Well, have you ever connected to a network and been asked for personal information, or worse yet, connected to wifi without needing to enter a password, which certainly exposed everything you were doing to everyone around you who cared to look? Well if so, this course will build your knowledge bit by bit until you fully understand not only the threats on the networks around us, but also how to defend against them both as a user and by installing and administering your own firewall. I'm Sean Colins, and I've worked at the leading edge of technology through writing, speaking, training, and consulting for world-class enterprise organizations for over two decades, and I've leveraged all of that time and experience to bring you only the most important security-related information. If you're ready to protect your personal or corporate information by setting up a firewall, join me in my LinkedIn Learning course about firewall administration.
- Designing your network
- Creating firewall schedules and rules
- Setting up a virtual IP
- Using aliases to group hosts
- Preventing local traffic from exiting to the internet
- Using Snort and other intrusion detection systems
- Prioritizing VoIP traffic
- Blocking access to specific websites
- Troubleshooting gaming performance issues
- Interpreting TCP flag definitions