Binary code scanners assess the security of source code by examining the application binary for vulnerabilities. In this video, learn about popular binary code scanners.
- [Instructor] Regardless of whether the secure reviews … of your source code are manual or fully automated, … you need to begin selecting the model … that's right for your organization. … You could begin with an over the shoulder approach, … for example. … Literally have a security tester … look over a developer's shoulder, … as that developer provides a casual explanation … of what the code does. … As your testing program matures, … you could move to a pass around model, … one where multiple people take a look at the code … and provide their recommendations on changes … that could improve the application's … eventual security posture. … If you're ready for formal measurable testing, … then a walk-through model might be more to your liking. … Have a team gather together, … walk through the code as a group, … and defined specific changes that need to be made … before the code can move forward. … Full automation is really … the pinnacle of the testing process. … Where test cases and tools have been defined …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.