Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Barriers to vulnerability remediation, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] As you work your way … through the vulnerability remediation workflow, … you're going to encounter inhibitors to remediation. … You'll come across people who, for a variety of reasons, … think that addressing the vulnerability … is not in the organization's best interests. … Let's talk about some of the people … that you might encounter during your remediation efforts … and discuss ways that you can address the issues … that they raise in a way that addresses their objections, … but still resolves the vulnerability. … First, meet grumpy Gus. … Gus is a system engineer … who has quite a cantankerous attitude. … So much so that no one on the security team … really wants to talk to him, … because they know that he'll argue with everything they say. … But Gus is also highly skilled. … He's a very knowledgeable engineer, … and his primary concern … is keeping his systems up and running. … When you bring a vulnerability to Gus, … he might grumble that the vulnerability isn't real …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.