Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Automatic list partitioning, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Automatic List Partitioning in Oracle…12C release 2 is similar in concept to interval…partitioning from previous Oracle versions,…only now works with list partitions.…Automatic list partitioning will automatically…create new partitions in a table…as soon as a new partitioning key is inserted.…During data loads, new partitions will automatically…be created based on new values provided…for the partitioning key if the inserted values…does not match any of the existing table partitions.…
This is very useful as you don't have to…manually pre-create and manage list partition tables.…Let's see a demo in action.…First, we'll open a SQL class session…using our sysdba user, so sqlplus as sysdba.…We'll also set our session to the source_pdb container,…so alter session set container equals source_pdb.…Let's drop our previous sales table and create it again,…this time using automatic list partitioning,…so drop table sales…and let's grab the new create table command…from the exercise file.…
So copy the command,…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.