When your resume and LinkedIn page are ready, it's time to start applying for jobs in the security role you're targeting. Learn the value of applying for jobs even if you don't think you're ready. Discover the importance of practicing phone screens with the recruiter and in-person interviews with the hiring manager and team.
- [Instructor] You've identified your target security role…and updated your resume and LinkedIn profile.…Now it's time to take the plunge…and start applying for cybersecurity jobs.…But what if you don't have the experience…or certifications you think you need?…I say, you should get out there and apply anyway.…Even if you don't think you're ready,…there are many benefits to actively applying for jobs.…The key benefit of applying for cybersecurity jobs…is it gives you practice.…You'll get practice tailoring your resume…for different jobs.…
Your resume isn't written in stone,…and you should change it to emphasize the skills…each recruiter or hiring manager is looking for.…This will help you make a good first impression…since recruiters and hiring managers usually start…the job search with resumes.…You'll also get practice with phone…and in-person interviews.…Everyone gets a little nervous…when put on the spot during interviews.…The best way to control that nervousness…is to do lots of interviews.…That way you'll get used to the process,…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.