There are few worse feelings than a wireless connection that just doesn’t...connect. A good tech can bring tools and skills into these situations to properly diagnosis and repair the issues.
- The A+ Exam talks about a couple of issues…which I consider more advanced router configurations,…and I'd go ahead and knock them out right here.…The first one I want to talk about…is called Quality of Service.…The bottom line is that we all have a limited amount…of bandwidth, and we want to take the best advantage…of that bandwidth that we can.…So, Quality of Service is a tool set…which allows you to meter how much bandwidth…things get based on IP address,…you can give a certain IP address…more bandwidth than others,…you can give a certain MAC address…more or less bandwidth than others,…you can assert certain ports to have…more or less bandwidth than others,…it's really completely up to you…in how you want to configure this.…
This is actually one of these features…that people don't nearly take advantage of enough,…so let's play with this a little bit.…Now, I don't know if you've been keeping up…with these episodes but I love playing EvilGame.…So, what I want to do is set this up…'cause, you know, when it's not during the week…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- How TCP and IP work together
- Special IP addresses
- Port numbers
- Working with DNS
- Basic and advanced router configuration
- Troubleshooting networks
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Repairing wireless connections