In this video, learn about some of the advanced features of the Windows Firewall.
- [Instructor] Now we've looked at … the basic operation of Windows Firewall, … let's take a look at the advanced settings. … I can start the firewall and select advanced settings. … Or in Windows 10 I can just select … Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. … The term advanced security relates … mostly to three additional features … for connections which are designed for use … in an enterprise configuration. … These are to ensure computers … authenticate to each other before they connect. … That data integrity is checked … on all communications received. … And that data is encrypted during transmission. … We've already looked at connections … which are allowed or blocked, … but Windows Firewall can also configure a connection … to be allowed only if it's secured … by using the IPsec protocol. … Advanced security also allows us … to be more restrictive on allowed connections. … Windows Firewall with Advanced Security … is intended for system administrators … in an enterprise network, rather than home users. …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.