Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Unpacking COBIT 5, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- One of the more important IT frameworks…for the enterprise is COBIT,…the Control Objectives for IT.…COBIT is published by…the Information Systems Audit and Control Association,…ISACA.…And its purpose is to ensure that enterprises have in place…an effective and auditable set of governance…and management processes for IT,…with deliver value for its stakeholders.…COBIT is designed around a set of processes.…These are grouped into the four areas…of Plan, Build, Deliver, and Monitor.…
We can see at the top left the Plan group,…known in full as Align, Plan, and Organize…with its 13 APO processes.…Below that is the Build, Acquire, and Implement group.…It has 10 processes.…At the bottom of the diagram are the six processes…in the Deliver, Service, and Support group.…And to the right is the Monitor, Evaluate, and Assess group…with its three processes.…The COBIT framework is used by the financial sector…for carrying out IT general controls, external audits.…
Consequently, having a COBIT aligned security framework…is the first step in putting in place an IT environment…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.