Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing user access and identity, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- CobIT provides seven security processes,…the fourth of which is manage user identity…and logical access.…This process accounts, in many cases,…for half or more of the cost and effort spent…in the security program.…Let's dig a bit deeper into this…and look at some of the services and mechanisms used…in delivering identity and access management.…The CobIT control objective for identity…and access management is defined in DSSO5.04,…manage user identity and logical access,…as, "Ensure that all users have information access rights…"in accordance with their business requirements…"and coordinate with business units that manage…their own access rights within business processes."…The two concepts introduced in this definition…are, firstly, user all based access…and secondly, business management…to access to their information.…
Maintain user access rights,…with management of identities and access rights aligned…to roles and responsibilities.…In other words, access should be authorized…on the basis of the recipient needing it…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.