Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking closer at DSS05, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- There are seven…operational security controller objectives in DSS05.…And these provide the foundation…for a defensive Cybersecurity program.…Let's take a look at what's in each of them.…The first control objective is Protect against malware.…Malware is one of the main challenges…in Cybersecurity today.…And protecting against it…involves a number of activities and controls.…These include: Anti-virus, Security patching,…Security information awareness…and in contemporary terms, cyberthreat intelligence,…Change management,…Security filtering of email and web traffic,…and Security training.…
The second control objective…is Manage network and connectivity security.…This includes: Establishing and enforcing…Policy on network connections,…Enforcement of Password entry,…the configuration and use of Firewalls…and intrusion detection systems,…Network security protocols and communications encryption,…Network configuration, Security mechanisms…to ensure trusted transmission and receipt,…Network security control testing, and penetration testing.…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.