Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing preventative security, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- COBIT provides seven security processes, the first…three of which relate to the use of preventative…controls in the enterprise.…Let's have a look at some of the activities in…these processes, which are important elements…of a preventative architectural strategy for…cyber security.…Malware is probably the defining characteristic…of cyber security.…So, protecting against it is an important aspect of any…cyber security architecture.…The relevant activities in DSS05.01…are install and activate malicious software protection…tools and continuously update malware definition…files, and filter incoming traffic, such as web…downloads and email to detect any…attached or embedded malware.…
Cyber security, by definition, is about internet…connected systems.…So, network and connectivity securities are another…important aspect.…The key activity in this management area is…to implement network filtering mechanisms,…such as firewalls and intrusion detection software…with appropriate policies to control…inbound and outbound traffic.…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.