Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Cyber Essentials framework, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- While security standards have been available for decades,…many small businesses have found them…too difficult and too costly to implement.…In recognizing that business now needs…to have a baseline of cyber security,…the UK government has created a low-cost,…light-touch scheme called Cyber Essentials,…which is both affordable and manageable.…It doesn't introduce new controls.…The controls it uses are taken from existing standards…such as the ISO 27000…or NIST SP 800-53 publications.…
To encourage use of the scheme,…all suppliers to the UK government…must have a Cyber Essentials certification.…Details of the scheme can be downloaded…from the UK government's home office website.…These documents provide full details…on the Cyber Essentials scheme certification requirements.…The assurance framework for the scheme has two stages,…with a recognized certification awarded at both stages.…The first stage involves submitting…a self assessment for external review…in order to achieve the Cyber Essentials certification.…
The second stage is to pass a fully-independent…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.