Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Dissecting the payment card industry and PCI DSS, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- With cyber criminals targeting credit cards…and regulatory requirements for notification…of data breaches, it's important for any business…taking payment through credit cards…to protect their information and transactions.…The Payment Card Industry governing body,…the PCI council,…has issued the PCI Data Secuirty Standard…as a specific set of controls required…to demonstrate acceptable security…for cardholder data.…It helps to understand the terminology of PCI…when reviewing the Data Security Standard.…
Let's look at the key terms.…A merchant is someone who takes credit…or debit cards as a form of payment.…A service provider is someone who provides a service,…that are used for payment card information storage…or transactions of a merchant.…A Qualified Security Assessor…is an independent person certified…to report on PCI compliance.…An Internal Security Assessor…works for the merchant and is certified…to submit a self-assessment.…
A data breach is a failure of security…which results in a loss of cardholder information.…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.