Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Architecting security risk, part of Cybersecurity Foundations.
- When developing a business-oriented security…architecture, security provides protection against risks…to business outcomes, controls are used to mitigate risks.…The Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture, SABSA,…architects risks and designs controls at the attribute level…using a process known as business attribute profiling.…SABSA doesn't include a methodology for calculating risk but…instead, adopts whatever methodology the business might use.…A standard approach to managing risk has been…developed by the National Institute of Standards…and Technology and its application is described in…Special Publication 800-30: Guide…for Conducting Risk Assessments.…
The International Standards Organization also…provides guidance with its ISO 27005: Information…Security Risk Managment publication.…While there are minor terminology differences, the intents…of both documents is the same: a described risk…assessment in the context section of this course.…Let's have a look at the business requirement for an…offshore outsourced HR business process and how it would be…
By the end of this course, you'll have a greater understanding of the threats that affect private, corporate, and government networks, and the knowledge to prevent attacks and defeat them.
- Dissecting cyber risk
- Working with NIST, COBIT 5, DSS05, and other frameworks
- Exploring cybercrime
- Understanding how malware hides
- Selecting security controls
- Managing user access and identity
- Monitoring your network
- Managing incident response
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Cybersecurity Foundations
2. Cybersecurity Threats
3. Security Architecture
4. Incident Management
Responding to an incident6m 40s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.