Join Brad Wheeler for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Extending and Optimizing a Wi-Fi Network for Small Businesses.
- Before you get started with this course, there are a few things you need to know. You should be familiar with networking technology. If you know the terms router and switch, but don't know the difference between them, you should have no trouble following along. You should already be familiar with wireless technology and terminology. If you are new to networking, I highly suggest watching Up and Running with Wireless Networking with Julio Appling. Most of the settings and adjustments I will introduce in this course require administrative access to your network. If you are not a network administrator, you should still be able to follow along, but keep in mind that you will not have the ability to implement changes.
With that in mind, let's get started.
Need a more substantial solution? Check out the last chapter on hardware and special security measures for enterprise networks.
- Measuring performance
- Diagnosing problems
- Selecting channel and bandwidth
- Upgrading firmware
- Setting up wireless isolation and multiple SSIDs
- Using MoCA and powerline network extenders
- Exploring enterprise solutions