Need a more substantial solution? Check out the last chapter on hardware and special security measures for enterprise networks.
- Measuring performance
- Diagnosing problems
- Selecting channel and bandwidth
- Upgrading firmware
- Setting up wireless isolation and multiple SSIDs
- Using MoCA and powerline network extenders
- Exploring enterprise solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Brad Wheeler, and welcome to Extending and Optimizing a WiFi Network for Small Businesses. In this course, we'll look at some changes you can make to your business network to make it faster, more secure, and more reliable. I'll start by showing you how to perform a site survey by using various devices to test specific metrics, like connection quality, throughput, and interference. Then, I'll show you some basic settings you can adjust to optimize your current network. We'll see how to update the firmware on an access point, so that you can use the newest technology provided by the manufacturer, then I'll dive deeper by installing DDWRT, a third party firmware, which will unlock features and settings that the manufacturer doesn't want you to see.
We'll be covering all of these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques, so that you can get the most out of your technology. Now, let's get... (technical issues).