In this video, you can learn about the three main cloud computing scenarios for business, when they can be advantageous, and when it may make sense to avoid using the cloud.
- [Instructor] When deciding whether cloud computing…is right for you and your organization,…it helps to understand your needs…and the solutions available to meet those needs.…Cloud computing can be ideal in many scenarios…but there may also be times…when you'll want to steer clear.…So, let's begin by examining three main scenarios…for cloud computing implementation.…Although, different organizations…may use cloud computing differently.…The uses will typically fall into one…of these three solutions.…Number one is Compute clouds.…
Compute clouds allow organizations access…to on-demand computer resources…that are highly scalable and inexpensive.…These resources will run the code they're given…so it really depends on the application…the user wants to access.…This scenario works well for any size or organization.…Although, some larger organizations…may not see the advantages to this scenario.…For example, if they depend on standards management,…monitoring, and governments capability,…the number of service providers to choose from…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.