Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video iOS privacy options, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] Recently, Apple has taken some firm positions…on user data privacy.…Let's take a look at the privacy settings…available to the user,…let's go back to our phone.…Here on the device we will select Settings and Privacy.…Here in Privacy Settings, each one of the applications…that can access an API on your phone is listed.…For example, if I select Health,…we see apps that have requested access…to health data will appear here.…
That's true of each one of these applications.…Let's look at Location Services.…These three applications access location services.…I can select to deactivate location services,…but I won't at this time.…Finally, down at the bottom of the screen…are two critical assets, analytics and advertising.…These become more effective, the longer you use your phone.…If I select analytics, I can see all the ways…that I'm sharing data from my device use.…If I select advertising, I get options to limit ad tracking.…
I can turn it on to limit it,…applying more privacy to myself.…I can reset the advertising identifier to opt out,…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.