Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video iOS backup and restore, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Narrator] Now that we have everything set up and secure,…we have one final step, back up and restore.…When you first set up your iOS device…and log in with your Apple ID,…one of the messages presented to you…is the option to turn on iCloud Backups.…Apple has built a very solid default process…to make sure you don't lose any data.…I've disabled backup on my device…in order to show you how to set it up.…It's likely you'll get to the backup option…and it will already be set up.…Let's go to the device.…Again let's select settings and our Apple ID name.…
Once that launches, let's select iCloud.…When presented with the iCloud option screen,…scroll all the way to the bottom.…You'll see iCloud Backup at the bottom of the list.…Mine says off.…It's possible yours says on.…If yours says on, you're already good to go,…but if you're says off like mine let's select that.…We can toggle the iCloud Backup and it will ask us…are we sure we want to sync?…We'll say okay.…The option to back it up now occurs…and I'm going to select backup now.…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.