In this video, you can learn about the economic and staffing benefits to moving to the cloud such as payment options, and the traditional costs to IT departments that can be minimized.
- [Instructor] Decisions about virtually anything are often…made based on the economic benefit,…and cloud computing is no different.…Cost is a big factor, and the economic benefit…to cloud computing goes beyond equipment savings.…Let's take a look.…We'll start with people.…By moving to the cloud, it's inevitable that you're going…to rely on fewer staff.…Fewer staff means savings in salaries and benefits,…and allows an organization to analyze their needs…and find the best people to remain on staff.…
Next is hardware.…Cloud service providers are going to pay less…for hardware, networking equipment,…and bandwidth than the average business.…So, if your organization is not a government agency…or a very large enterprise, you can save on the cost…of hardware by simply not needing any,…and then bump up your subscription…to the cloud if or when you need more storage capacity…or bandwidth.…Something called pay-as-you-go.…With cloud computing, you pay for what you use.…It's kind of like leasing a vehicle,…in that, your monthly payments stay nice and low,…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.