Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows Recovery Environment, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- If you've got a problem with a Windows system booting up,…your bestest buddy in the whole world…is the Windows Recovery Environment.…Lots of people just simply call it WinRE,…or I'm gonna call it Winry.…How's that for a new term?…Anyway, the Windows Recovery Environment…is based on what's known as…the Windows Preinstallation Environment, or WinPE.…Now, WinPE is just a very simple version of Windows…that we use with bootable media…to bring Windows up at a very, very low state.…
We do all kinds of cool stuff with WinPE,…but the one that's important,…and the one that's on A+ is WinRE,…so make sure you don't confuse those two terms.…Anyway, you get to the Windows Recovery Environment…using your installation media or custom-made boot media.…So on certain versions of Windows,…you can get to RE different ways,…but the reason we get to WinRE 99.99% of the time…is because Windows isn't booting…and we want to get it back,…so we start off with some type of media.…
So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna throw this disk in,…and we're gonna take a look at WinRE.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.