Scott discusses an increasingly common home-user task, setting up a SOHO router for wireless internet.
- Barbie and Ken have finally decided how they plan…to deploy the local area network at the Dreamhouse.…Like most households today,…they're going wireless with 802.11ac Wi-Fi.…They chose wireless over wired…because it's less expensive to install,…and supports all their computing devices,…from desktop computers, to laptops, tablets,…smartphones, and home automation.…They purchased a new SOHO router that will connect…to their cable modem,…so the LAN devices can get onto the internet,…but first, Barbie and Ken need to set up the router.…
That starts with a wired connection from computer to router.…This is easy to do with a portable computer.…We're going to go a little geeky here, so roll with me.…Most of these instructions will be in the booklet…packaged with a SOHO router.…So, first, plug the laptop into the router…via an Ethernet cable, then open a browser on the computer,…and type in the IP address of the router.…The IP address is the name of the SOHO box.…For the laptop to router connection to work,…both devices need to be on the same local area network.…
This course was recorded and produced by Total Seminars. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Setting up and configuring mobile devices
- Personalizing tablets
- Configuring network and internet connectivity
- Different options for high-speed internet capability
- Local computer security threats
- Computer maintenance and management
- Computer troubleshooting and problem solving