Learn about the Wi-Fi architecture for IoT, HaLow, and Bluetooth Low Energy.
- [Instructor] We're all pretty used to WiFi,…and for IoT devices in the home and in shops,…it's a convenient way to gain access to the internet.…With the increasing deployment of WiFi in cities,…it's starting to become a viable alternative…for other types of IoT.…The WiFi networking protocol…is defined in the 802 dot 11 series of standards.…The standards are continually being improved,…with the early 802 dot 11 A, B, and G…being superseded by 802 dot 11 N,…and 802 dot 11 AC.…
And speeds are continually increasing.…802 dot 11 A is a bit of an anomaly,…as it has greater speed,…but it's pretty much limited to line of sight,…and hence, was never really that successful.…The latest iteration of the WiFi standard…is known as 802 dot 11 AH.…802 dot 11 AH or HaLow is designed…to have a substantially better range…than existing WiFi.…It's projected to be able to reach up to a kilometer.…It's better at penetrating walls,…floors, and other obstacles.…
It achieves this by trading bandwidth,…and using the 900 megahertz frequency band.…
- Designing an enterprise architecture
- Architecting security
- Designing IoT security
- Domain specific architectures
- Proximity network services
- IoT application services
- Revised conceptual architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Enterprise Architecture
2. Designing IoT Security
3. Domain Specific Architectures
4. Proximity Network Services
5. Application Tier Services
6. Revised Conceptual Architecture
Bringing it all together4m 48s
What's next1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.