In this video, Mandy Huth discusses why many industries use security frameworks as part of their organization's security practices. Learn the main benefits of leveraging a security framework.
- Security permeates everything businesses do. Both physical and digital assets have to be protected, as well as information. Security frameworks are consistent tools that every industry can use to improve their security practices. So, in short, everyone should use security frameworks. Each industry chooses frameworks for various reasons. It could be for compliance to a regulation in a specific industry.
For some, it is about national welfare or public safety. Some businesses leverage security as a product differentiater, showing that they protect their consumers' data from the onset. Finally, some organizations need frameworks to ensure they are p;rotecting sensitive data, whether it be their own intellectual property, or client data. Whatever the reason, security frameworks provide standardization and guidance for how to protect your organization with recommendations for how to educate your people, how to document and apply your organizational processes and implementing and maintaining your technology.
Every organization can benefit from the consistent language and standard approach that security frameworks bring.
- Picking the right security framework
- Why are security frameworks important?
- Global, federal, and state cybersecurity regulations
- PCI and credit card payments
- CIS critical security controls
- Comparing the top four security frameworks
- Mapping process and technical controls
- Augmenting frameworks with GRCs
- Developing a security mindset