- Well, security in the cloud…is a shared responsibility…between the cloud provider and the vendor.…I think one of the most important things to do…when you're having a conversation like this…is to be specific.…And the term cloud itself is often a little too general…for this type of conversation.…When you think about the types of cloud services…that are available, there's really three main categories.…You have infrastructure as a service…where a cloud provider is offering…the basic building blocks of infrastructure.…Servers, storage, those sorts of things.…
Platform is a service…where the cloud provider is providing…an application platform…that you can run your own code on top of.…And then software is a service…where the cloud vendor is actually providing…an entire application for you to use.…Security responsibilities shift…as you shift between those different models.…In all three cases,…it follows a shared responsibility model…where the vendor has some of the responsibility,…and the customer has other responsibilities.…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.