- Cybersecurity is a field that's constantly changing,…and we're going to see a lot more of that change…over the next five to 10 years.…I think our field is shifting.…It's shifting from a field that's full of technical doers,…to one that's full of integrators…and consultants and advisors.…And there's three main trends…that are really pushing us in that direction.…The first one is cloud.…By moving a lot of our services to the cloud,…whether it's infrastructure as a service,…platform or software as a service,…we're putting a lot of the deep technical responsibility…on those cloud providers.…
And certainly, those cloud providers then need…security professionals who are capable at working…at really low levels in the stack,…but it means that our organizations don't.…So there's going to be fewer of…those types of positions available.…In internal IT organizations,…we're gonna find ourselves shifting more from…positions where we're building our own sans,…to ones where we're trying to figure out…how to use the security controls…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.