Join Jason Dion for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of CASP+ Cert Prep: 5 Research, Development and Collaboration.
- [Instructor] Before we get started, there's a few things you should know before attempting this course. First, this course assumes that you already have a baseline knowledge of the concepts of information technology and cybersecurity. This course is designed as the fifth course in a learning path that's focused on helping you study for the CASP certification exam. With that said, this course can be taken on its own if you simply want to learn more about research methods used in the cybersecurity industry, how security activities are implemented in systems and software development, or how to better collaborate with others across your organization in order for you to better secure your networks.
Remember though, as we move through the course, we are building upon your previous cybersecurity knowledge and experiences, so it's important that you're familiar with the foundational concepts. We won't cover everything from introductory certifications, like CompTIA's A+, Net+, Security+, Cybersecurity Analyst, or PenTest+ courses. If it's been a long time since you've taken these courses, you might want to revisit our extensive library of courses, and review some of the concepts covered in these certifications. Also, if you plan to sit for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioners Certification Exam after you complete this course, you are entitled to a special discount on the exam voucher.
To redeem this offer, just use the special discount code Linkedin Learning 10 when you're purchasing your exam voucher from CompTIA's website.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.