Learn the basics of what you need to understand before taking this course.
- [Instructor] So, what you need to know around cloud application migration before we take the course includes a basic understanding of IT concepts. We're going to get into what servers are, what storage is, things like that, so you need to understand that to figure things out. Basic understanding of cloud computing, and you can certainly take some cloud computing courses here at Lynda.com to refresh your knowledge or understand from scratch. A basic understanding of development concepts, what is application development, what is testing, what is migration? Things like that should be known to you.
- Understanding the business case for moving to the cloud
- Understanding the risks in moving to the cloud
- Moving to public and private clouds
- Identifying workloads that should migrate to the cloud
- Picking a target platform
- Using AWS, Microsoft, and Google migration tools
- Setting up a migration factory
- Migrating at scale
- Considering security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Cloud Migration
2. Selecting the Workloads
Using categories4m 52s
3. Picking the Target Platform
4. Cloud-Based Tools
5. Setting Up a Migration Factory
6. Migration at Scale
Next steps2m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.