Learn about course prerequisites.
- [Instructor] So in terms of what you need to know about DevOps 101, focusing on containers, you need to have a basic understanding of IT concepts, servers, storage, networking, things such as that. Additionally, you need to have a basic understanding of cloud computing. You don't have to be a cloud computing guru, but understand basically what a private cloud is, a public cloud is, and how they work. If you need additional information, you can turn to several courses here in lynda.com for additional course material.
Finally, you need to have a basic understanding of development concepts. We do get into coding, images, registries, repositories, and some DevOps concepts. So it's helpful to understand basically what it takes to build and deploy an application.
- Containers vs. virtual machines
- When vs. when not to use containers
- Building new apps with containers
- Moving existing apps to containers
- Example container applications
- Standards, tools, processes, and skills