Join Scott M Burrell for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should already know, part of Make IT Work in Your Business.
- [Narrator] Before we get started, I wanted to let you know that every story in this course is true. Some details have been left out or slightly modified to protect the innocent and the less innocent. But more importantly, I want you to know that the enmity that too commonly exists between IT and business leaders is a barrier that's holding many people back. But it is a barrier that can be overcome. I intend to challenge the way you think about IT people and about business leaders.
I want you to see them both through different eyes because in the 21st century, information is capital. Managing the creation, flow, and use of information is critical to everyone, and as you consider that information technology is the engine of business, you'll discover the tools to tune that engine.
- Including IT in strategy
- What does IT bring to strategy?
- Communicating the big picture
- Selecting and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development activities
- Choosing the right hardware, platforms, and applications
- Who owns the devices?
- Site planning
- External and internal connectivity