- Well, I think if you're considering a career in cyber security and you find yourself on the fence, that's really a good time to take a step back and think about what's driving you towards that field, and try to figure out if you really have a passion for security or not. I think, when I started my career in security, it was something that I was really excited about, and the more I learned about it, the more it engaged my passion and got me fired up and really excited about the career, so if you find yourself going through that process and having those same thoughts, and you're really getting excited about the opportunities in security, then it's probably the right thing for you to follow, but on the other hand, if you find it a little dull and tedious and you're kind of dragging yourself through, that's probably a time to re-examine whether or not you're going down a path that's going to be fulfilling and make you happy in the long term.
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.