- The responsibilities of a cyber security professional…can vary quite a bit.…It really depends on two things,…where someone is in their career…and the type of position that they have.…Positions really fit into two different categories.…You can be more on the technical side…where you're working hands on with some security equipment,…or you could be more on the consulting side…where you're spending a lot of your day…working with people and projects.…On the technical side,…cyber security professionals do all sorts…of different things,…sometimes there are operations responsibilities…where you might be managing a firewall,…or installing intrusion detecting systems…and doing that type of work,…or you might be doing monitoring and log analysis…and watching for signs of unusual activity on the network.…
Cyber security professionals also get involved…in desktop management and server administration…and those sorts of things as well.…On the consulting side,…cyber security professionals spend a lot of time…working with projects and people.…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.