This video explains what you need to know before starting this course.
- [Instructor] In terms of the prerequisites for this course, there really aren't any. This and other courses in the Office 365 track can be taken without any prior administrative experience. Most of the tools are Web-based, and therefore aren't specific to one browser or operating system. Now, that said, there is one thing that will help give you a good foundation for this course and others in the Office 365 track, and that is a working understanding of PowerShell.
So I've included a one-lesson introduction to PowerShell in this course, and in fact, in all of the Office 365 courses that I offer so that you can always have that handy reference nearby when you need it. Now, in addition, this course builds on the topics discussed throughout the Administering Office 365 learning track. If you are preparing for that exam, you can take these courses in any order you want, but the preferred way is to move through the courses starting with the Provisioning Office course and then work your way through in the order in which they appear in the exam objectives provided by Microsoft.
So I've included this website link for your reference. And I go over to the website here, this microsoft.com, exam 346 website, it shows me information about the test, of course. And then if I scroll down the list, here are the objectives that we'll be talking about here, monitoring and troubleshooting Office 365 availability and usage. And as I just mentioned, the topics that we touch on here, in many ways, build on the Provisioning Office topics, the implement networking and security topics, and so on and so forth.
So that's what you need to know as you start this course.
- Navigating the Office 365 reports dashboard
- Generating and interpreting usage, email, and auditing reports
- Generating and interpreting mail protection and mail hygiene reports
- Showing and hiding user-level detail information in reports
- Understanding the service health dashboard
- Monitoring Office 365 Health
- Retrieving data with the Management Pack
- Using PowerShell for Office 365
- Creating a service request
- Using the Remote Connectivity Analyzer, the Connectivity Analyzer tool, and the free/busy troubleshooter