Learn about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a privacy-related regulation in the EU. Discover if you are impacted and how your organization can comply.
- [Mandy Huth] GDPR is the most comprehensive privacy regulation enacted to date. Any business that has European connections is likely impacted. Hi, I'm Mandy Huth, and I've helped organizations with over two billion dollars in revenue prepare for GDPR. In this course, I'll show you the basics of the GDPR regulation. I'll begin by discussing what it entails and who it impacts. Then, I'll show you who is responsible for protecting, monitoring and reporting data in various situations.
Finally, I'll discuss the rights of the data subject and how organizations must notify those subjects in case of a data breach. So, if you're ready, let's get started!
DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Define the objectives of GDPR relating to the personal privacy of citizens.
- Determine the responsibilities of data protection officers under GDPR.
- Identify the rights of citizens in the event of a data breach.
- Review the steps that must be taken in the event of a data breach.
- Describe the notification process in the event of a data breach.