Prepare for the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) exam. Study topics from domain four, Security Architecture and Tool Sets.
- [Mike] The work of a cybersecurity analyst takes place within the context of an organization's broader cybersecurity program. In the first three CySA+ courses, you learned about many of the practical and technical skills required of a cybersecurity analyst. Now it's time to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our Cybersecurity Analyst+ course covering security governance. The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+, or CySA+ certification is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability analysts, and threat intelligence analysts who have some work experience.
It's designed to serve as a middle ground between security plus and CompTIA's advanced security practitioner certification. Earning the CySA+ requires passing an exam covering four different domains of cybersecurity analytics work. This course covers about a third of the material for the fourth domain, security architecture and tool sets. That domain accounts for 24% of the questions on the CySA+ exam, and this course is part of a series of seven courses that will prepare you for the full test.
I've literally helped thousands of students just like you earn their security certifications. One quick note on the name of this certification. When CompTIA released the Cybersecurity Analyst+ Certification, it originally used the acronym CSA+. In 2018 they changed that acronym from CSA+ to CySA+. You may find study materials that refer to either acronym, and that's okay. The objectives and body of knowledge haven't changed. It's only a change in the acronym.
You'll learn how to design security controls that align cybersecurity activities with business objectives. You'll also discover how to create a solid foundation of security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines. We'll cover how to ensure that you're appropriately measuring the effectiveness of your security program, and we'll talk about personnel security issues including hiring and terminating employees and protecting the privacy of employee records. All right, let's get rolling.
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.