Prepare for the Systems Security Certified Practitioner certification (SSCP). Review the objectives from the Cryptography domain of the SSCP exam.
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our SSCP cryptography course. The System Security Certified Practitioner certification is a popular entry-level certification for information security professionals. Earning the SSCP certification requires passing an exam covering seven different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, cryptography. The cryptography domain accounts for 10% of the questions on the exam.
This course is part of an eight-course series designed to prepare you to pass the SSCP test. In this course we'll be focusing on understanding and applying the fundamental principles of cryptography, understanding the requirements for cryptography, understanding and supporting secure protocols, and operating and implementing cryptographic systems. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the SSCP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and join one of my free study groups. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
To join one of Mike's free study groups for access to bonus tips and practice questions, visit certmike.com.
- Choosing an encryption algorithm
- Symmetric cryptography
- Data Encryption Standard
- Asymmetric cryptography
- Key management, including key exchange
- Public key infrastructure
- Transport encryption
- Cryptanalytics attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/27/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: goals of cryptography. In addition, a new video was added that covers DKIM.
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Cybersecurity with Cloud Computingwith Malcolm Shore2h 25m Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Cryptanalytic Attacks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.