Discover how to protect your identity online. Learn about the history of identity theft, practical ways to protect your identity, and password security.
- [Donna] Hello, and welcome to Cybersecurity Awareness, the Importance of Identity Protection. My name is Donna Bower. I am an information technology professional with strong cross-industry knowledge effective in developing and implementing custom solutions and strategies for domestic and international customers. I am currently part of the Identity Access Management and Technologies Operations division for a large health care organization. I have been in the technology field across multiple industries for 30 years, and involved with data security for over 15 years.
What should you already know that you can get the most out of this course? This topic is designed for those people who use computers, from employees who use computers all day long, to those who log into the computer only occasionally at home. This information is relevant for all. The goal of this course is not to scare you, but to make you more aware of what's out there so you can protect yourself and your family. So let's get started.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- History of identity theft
- Twelve ways to protect your identity
- The real cost of identity theft
- Medical identity theft
- What should you do when your identity is stolen?
- What can organizations do?
- Simple password protection
- Does your password pass?
- Managing your passwords