Explore the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Learn about IoT vulnerabilities, privacy concerns, attacks and glitches, and more.
- [Lisa] Did you know that the cost of making a smart device for the Internet of Things is about 10 cents? Manufacturers are rushing to get all types of IoT product to market. Hello, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a Security Ambassador. The IoT is an emerging technology that is expanding quickly with huge gaps in security and is plagued with vulnerabilities, malware and the potential to disrupt infrastructure.
In this course, we'll discover the concept of security, privacy and the Internet of Things. We'll learn that there is a massive potential for attacks and glitches. Devices are always listening, can take pictures, collect data, and even phone home. Students will learn that there is a number of proposed standards and legislation in the works designed to catch up with current security regulations, with the goal of ensuring privacy of data collected on the IoT.
In addition, we'll learn how to layer on security methods, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and anti-malware protection, in order to defend against the next attack. Are you ready? Let's get started.
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.