Discover how to build faster, more reliable software with continuous delivery and continuous integration. Learn about core CI/CD concepts by seeing how they fit into a delivery pipeline.
- Are you troubled by strange ways that your organization delivers software? - Do you experience feelings of dread when preparing to work a long, painful application release? - Have you or your coworkers experienced buggy, unstable services after a deployment? - Does it take days, weeks, or even months to build and release applications in your organization? - If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Fire up your browser and watch the professionals. - [Both] We're ready to believe you. - Howdy, I'm Ernest Mueller. - And I'm James Wickett. Welcome to our course on another DevOps fundamental, continuous delivery.
- James and I first met while implementing DevOps in a large enterprise. We've run the Devopsdays Austin Conference together for the last six years and blogged together at the agileadmin.com. - I do engineering and research over at Signal Sciences where we've built an application security defense solution for Cloud scale companies. We practiced DevOps and deploy changes over 10 times a day to our production staff. - And I'm the leading systems manager at AlienVault, also a maker of computer security solutions for organizations of all sizes, where I optimize our infrastructure and software delivery pipeline.
- We feel that continuous delivery is one of the fundamental practice areas of DevOps and it's central to a new view of application stability. - In this course, we'll address both what developers and operations folks consuming and supporting builds need to know. First, we'll cover the basics you'll need to succeed at continuous integration, delivery, and deployment, including how to construct your build pipeline. - Then we'll discuss elements of the pipeline and talk you through source control, build, testing, artifact management, and deployment.
- And, finally, we'll explore concepts and demonstrate common tools and practices in each area. Are you ready for this? - I am, let's get started.
- Benefits of continuous delivery
- Building your own pipeline
- Version control practices
- Building artifacts
- Testing and continuous delivery
- Application deployment and release
- UI testing in action with Robot
- Security testing in action with gauntlt
- CI/CD best practices