Gain a foundational understanding of serverless computing—what it is and why it's important—as well as what AWS Lambda and Azure Functions have to offer.
- [David] So I bet you've been in meetings lately where the topic of serverless computing has come up. It's related to Cloud, you know that. But what is it? And what does it do and what value does it bring to my business? Hi, my name's Dave Linthicum, Cloud computing SME author and speaker, and I'm here today to talk to you about serverless computing. Ultimately bringing you through the steps to understanding what serverless computing is, including used cases, platforms, and also the big brand names in serverless computing. Amazon Web Services Lambda, and Microsoft Functions.
Additionally, we'll go over the practical applications for serverless computing, when it should be used, and when it shouldn't be used. Let's get started.
- Benefits of serverless computing
- Serverless computing use cases
- Serverless computing platforms
- AWS Lambda
- Microsoft Azure Functions
- Planning applications
- Mapping to serverless deployment