Learn to manage an IT service desk. Get industry-proven methodologies and tools to manage staffing, processes, and quality control.
- We've all worked in organizations that have poor processes and procedures. Or even worse, no processes or procedures. How does that feel? And how can you serve your costumers with no plan? Hi, my name is Fancy Mills and welcome to my course. This course is designed to help you grow and develop the service desk management skills that are required in today's age to be successful. Many of the experiences I'll share with you have been gathered over my years in working in technical support. I've worked with really amazing organizations that have implemented processes, procedures, and programs that have proven to be effective.
We want to take these practices and determine how they can work for us. We'll be going over service desk terms, specific staffing considerations, processes, such as service level management, and incident management. And then we'll go into the technologies involved. And finally, measuring customer satisfaction. Building a service desk based on industry proven practices and methodologies that work is the best way to improve your service desk, team, and organization. I'm excited to walk you through the details, so let's get started on implementing strategies that work.
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.