Learn how to efficiently handle application migration to the cloud. Discover how to identify good candidates for migration, select the right target platform, establish a process that allows you to pick workloads, and more.
- Welcome to my course, Application Migration to the Cloud. My name's Dave Linthicum. Application migration into the cloud is the single most important thing that IT will do in the next 10 years. It's important because we need to understand the existing workloads, the data, security requirements, compliance requirements, and how they're going to migrate into the cloud. In this course, I'll give you a step wise methodology and approach in moving applications to the cloud. We'll learn how to prioritize applications, understand security, understand governance, everything you need to make your application migration successful.
Let's get started.
- Understanding the business case for moving to the cloud
- Understanding the risks in moving to the cloud
- Moving to public and private clouds
- Identifying workloads that should migrate to the cloud
- Picking a target platform
- Using AWS, Microsoft, and Google migration tools
- Setting up a migration factory
- Migrating at scale
- Considering security