Learn the basics of software containers, an instrumental component of any DevOps strategy.
- Welcome to this course, DevOps 101 Containers. My name's Dave Linthicum. We're going to look at what you need to know to be effective with containers. This includes understanding the architecture of containers, understanding the enabling technology, understanding the container standards, and how our containers are applicable in both Cloud computing, and are also leveraged by DevOps. Further more, we'll understand how you can change your organization to accommodate using containers better and move into a DevOps organization.
This is probably the most important course you're going to take in understanding DevOps because containers are going to be the future of application development, providing portability, scalability, and reliability. Let's get started.
- Containers vs. virtual machines
- When vs. when not to use containers
- Building new apps with containers
- Moving existing apps to containers
- Example container applications
- Standards, tools, processes, and skills